- Wait List
- Refunds & Cancellations
- Weather Conditions
- Age Guidelines and Restrictions
- Liability Waiver
All trips require registration and payment in advance. (Please complete the online reservation form.) To ensure a space, we recommend making your reservation at least one week in advance. When space is available, we are pleased to accept reservations on a last-minute basis, so you may call even the day before a trip.
One thing that sets us apart from our competition is our commitment to follow-up with our clients. You can always check to see how many spots are available for any given hike: click on the trip description page and scroll down to the Register box. When there are less than 10 spots left, a message will display: “3 spaces left.” Should a trip be sold out, you may place your name on the Wait List. If a spot becomes available, we will send an email to everyone on the Wait List and open up registration on the website.
When you complete your registration, you will receive an e-receipt immediately. (Please check your junk filter or add our email address to your list of approved sites.) On the Friday before the trip, you will receive a final confirmation by email and you will receive trip details and preparation suggestions. You can also view trip details on website Hiking page.
Refunds & Cancellations
- A full refund will be given for a day trip cancellation with a minimum two week’s notice. A 5% credit card fee will apply.
- No refunds will be given within two weeks of the scheduled trip, but a full trip credit will be given with at least a one-week notice.
- For cancellations with less than a week’s notice, there will be a $25 change fee per person (plus difference in trip prices, if any) for a reschedule before 4:00 PM on the Thursday afternoon before your trip.
- No trip credit, or transfer is given for cancellations after 4:00 PM on the Thursday before your trip.
- If a trip is rescheduled due to unsatisfactory conditions, full credit for the trip may be applied to any other trip for one year.
- Multi-day trip bookings include a non-refundable $50 deposit. Refunds for the value (minus the deposit) can be given with at least 6 weeks notice. Trip credit for the balance will be given for cancellations at least three weeks from the date of departure. No credit will be given for cancellations within 3 weeks of your multi-day adventure.
- account. If you don’t have a Rewards account, you should! It’s free, easy and you will start earning points on your next adventure.
- Please note: certain trips and events have specific restrictions on refunds and/or rescheduling. Please carefully read the full trip/event description for any special policies that apply.
We reserve the right to make changes in the trip schedule as a result of weather or safety considerations or as otherwise deemed necessary or advisable. If your trip is cancelled due to weather, or trail conditions, or circumstances beyond our control, you will receive a full credit for a future trip, or you may transfer to the next available date for the event. All trip credits may be applied to any trip for one full year
“There is no bad weather—just unprepared people.” Light rain or merely a forecast of adverse weather will not affect the schedule. If a trip is rescheduled due to heavy rain, etc., we will notify you a minimum of twelve (12) hours before the trip.
Winter Hike FAQ’s
For winter hikes, dress yourself as you would for a day of skiing. That means warm layers! More layers than you think you need. The areas we hike are 10-30° colder than Albany’s temperatures, and often windy—we will be in the mountains
In addition to layers of outdoor-appropriate clothing (no jeans), you need a coat or jacket that you can move freely in, hat, scarf or neckwarmer, gloves, warm socks and a hat. Handwarmers from the drugstore are also a great idea. Hiking boots are a must in the winter (preferably Gore-Tex–lined). No tennis shoes. If you have small thermos, fill it with something hot—tea, cocoa, soup. You will also need at least 2 liters of water in your pack. Winter hiking is awesome … as long as you are prepared!
Age Guidelines and Restrictions
You must be at least 18 years of age to attend a trip, with the exception of trips listed as a youth or family adventure. Parents that would like a child to accompany them should contact us to make arrangements.
All participants will be asked to sign a liability waiver before participating in any Albany Movement & Fitness day trips.